At St Joseph’s we have been working hard to adapt to our current, ever changing climate. Ensuring that your child/ren receives effective teaching and learning throughout the term has been our priority. It will remain so even in times of self-isolation.
This academic year, pupils will be able to access their learning through Google Classroom- a digital learning platform.
What is Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is a free application, created by Google that facilitates communication, teaching, learning, classwork and assignments through an easy to use interface. As part of the G Suite package, Google Classroom enables learning, outside of the school setting, to a higher standard. Please click here to access Google Classroom.
What do I need to do?
You will have received a letter that demonstrates how to access Google Classroom. Your child/ren will have previously received their email and password from their class teacher.
Please read through the documents provided to help support your child/ren as they begin their remote learning journey.
- Google Suite Pupil Notice Agreement – An agreement that outlines pupil expectations when using the Google Suite platform.
- Pupil Acceptable Use Agreement Addendum: An additional agreement highlighting expectations when using Google Meet
- Remote Education Policy – Our strategy for remote learning during the COVID19 pandemic.
- Digital 5 A Day – Guidance on how to maintain a balanced digital diet and better wellbeing.
Please check Google Classroom at your child’s teacher’s request and be sure to complete work promptly. It is important to be aware that there will be a deadline for submission on assignments and pupils are expected to adhere to the same expectations we have for work in school.
If you have any issues with logging in, please contact your child’s class teacher on:
Year 1: email@example.com
Year 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 3: email@example.com
Year 4: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 5: email@example.com
Year 6: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Suite Privacy Notice
- Google Suite Pupil Notice Agreement
- Pupil Acceptable Use Agreement Addendum Google Meet
- Remote Education Policy
- Remote Education Provision Information for Parents and Carers
- Remote Learning Policy EYFS Model Timetable Sept 2020 2
- Remote Learning Policy KS1 Model Timetable Sept 2020 1
- Remote Learning Policy KS2 Model Timetable Sept 2020
- Vodafone Digital Parenting Guide