St Joseph’s summer fair was a huge success on Saturday 18th with nearly 600 guests in attendance.
There were lots of fun things to do with the "Mobile Farm" proving to be a big hit with the children as they were able to pet the animals and even take a few of them for a small walk in the pen.
There were lots of treats in store for the children:
- Year 1 provided the face painting and mystery bag stall.
- Year 2 had a whole host of arts and crafts to keep the little ones busy.
- Year 3 put together a games stall, including the well-known St Joseph’s money tree, along with a toy stall.
- Year 4 held the bottle tombola.
- Year 5 hosted the bar along with some traditional Sri Lankan food.
- Year 6 ran the cake stall and small cake raffle with some cakes kindly donated by Carmela’s Cake.
Other activities included a Lego stall with Duplo play and stay, mini mosaics and bracelets to make, nail painting and glitter (by two former St Joseph’s pupils), tennis coaching on the ball court as well as the traditional bouncy castle (manned by the Reception parents).
Hot food was provided by the school cooks with the jerk chicken and rice proving to be a big hit, our thanks to them!
Thanks also to Ms Burr and Ms Hughes for organising a performance by the children including songs from the school choir and a special performance of Irish dancing by Year 4.
A huge thank you goes to the PTFA for organising this event!